12826847

My Mother was Sole Tennant did not sign again after 6 months.

Customer Question

My Mother was Sole Tennant did not sign again after 6 months. Original Agreement says 2 months notice but is this really only one ?
A 3rd Party paid the Deposit but asked for the money to be returned to a 4th Party - the 4th Party was put down as the Lead Tenant. No Documents were served on either the 3rd Party nor the 4th Party. Letting Agent says that they didn't need to serve 3rd & 4th - My Mother was the Main Tenant and 3rd Party gave her copies (My Mother was in Hospital - the Landlord & Agent have never EVER even met her.
My Mother died a week or so after giving notice (after 10 months rental) The Letting Agent refused to take back the Keys from me because they wanted to keep the Deposit monies instead of trying to relet.. Can they do this ?
The Deposit was for £1300.00 can 3rd & 4th Party both claim the Deposit amount plus penaly
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you
What is it you want to achieve ?