Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Desperate please, after divorcing, I have found

Hi, desperate for advice please, after divorcing, I have found out that my name was never on our 20+ year council tenancy, so am I able to apply for a tenancy transfer or any other way of securing my place on the home? Myself and my ex partner are unfortunately residing here in this property together as we are at a loss to come to an agreement due to there being a vulnerable autistic child in the middle!?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
As it is the former matrimonial home and you have rights to occupy the property, you are still able to apply for transfer of tenancy after the Decree Absolute is granted under form D50B.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.