Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Is it breaking a LAW by not paying council tax?

Customer Question

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain the situation in more detail? Have you received a summons to pay it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to be honest, I'm more interested in an answer to my specific question jenny, i want to know which LAW says that i HAVE to pay council tax?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
This Statutory Instrument makes it a legal requirement. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/613/contents/madeI am happy to help you with specifics if you require. Otherwise please do take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i only see legislation which is not LAW Jenny, ACTS etc, by consent etc etc i want to know the actual LAW? from all the studying that i have done over a good few years now, i still can't find the LAW on this subject.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
If you have studied law you will be well aware that laws are derived and made up of case law and acts of parliament and statutory instruments such as this. Any dictionary definition will tell you the same. How do you define law which is different from the rest of us?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe I'm just looking outside the box and wish to live a free life. not financially, but on my own law abiding terms with care and consideration for my fellow citizens. i would not say that i have studied law, not in any great depth, but there are things that are going on and have been so for many,many years that are just so wrong. I'm sure that you are a lovely lady Jenny but as a lawyer, don't you want to know the truth and ask questions of a system that enslaves people? anyway, thank you for your time and for directing me to a web site controlled by the very system that controls us all. be lucky x
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your rating and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You to Jenny, try and make a difference. good night
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
thanks.