Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I need to know what it takes to have someone to delete

Customer Question

Hi, I need to know what it takes to have someone to delete a blog they written against myself that is to do with sexual harrassment when none of it is true or wildely exhagerated. Those people are my direct competitor in my business too.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have you asked them to remove the blog, if so what was the response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i didn't as their reason to put it up is to inflict me and give me trouble so i wouldn't ask them unless i know what to say if they say no, which what i am asking you today.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem I assume your business will suffer a financial loss as a result of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I had to close my website, with 5 thousands customers and loosing business everyday but starting a new one. What i am worried about is can they continue adding whatever they find out to this blog until i commit suicide or is there a way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you like me to explain more in details?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you facebook for Tony Pianco or go to www.tonypianco.com...
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a way. You need to send them a letter before action stating that you consider that this amounts to defamation of character in the written form and unless they give you an undertaking that they will withdraw the blog and post an apology you will a) bring legal action to get an injunction to prevent them from making further defamatory statements. b) seek damages for your financial losses resulting from their actions. You can make them an offer to settle if you wish. If your business has legal expenses insurance it will be worth seeking assistance. Is there anything else you would like to know?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony is there anything further I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, at the moment i am playing dead so things don't get out of proportion and my partner /friends don't find out. Is it a good idea to wait a few months, at that time if they ignore me what can i do. Most of them have ignored my personal messages already showing that they were lying/making things up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i decide to go to court, how long does it last for, how expensive and how discreet can it be kept? can they continue trying to finish me up while the case is in court?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it is not a good idea to ignore it as you could be deemed to be accepting their actions. It is not a cheap claim to bring but will be discreet unless the otherside try to broadcast the information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They would and already did on Facebook, twitter etc... because they copied and pasted some of my personal emails where i used slightly naughty humour with people i knew very well. had no reasons to not trust. They copied a few of those and put them everywhere. Simply because they recently became competitors...
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
I would strongly suggest you sent them a letter before action asking them to stop making further defamatory comments and that you will take legal action. You can't let them destroy your business like this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i make noise now, they will broadcast even more so i want to use a different name and change business name. It would take forever in court to prouve that i wasn't harrassing anyone sexually. If i was to go to court now this would be the end of everything. They even used a detective apparently and know where I live... what would you do? They've stopped talking about me on their facebook group for Life models in London but could bring the conversation up again with about thousand artists, teachers and life models. I ran the largest organisation for Life Drawing and also teach.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
The court doesn't have to prove that you weren't doing it. Just that the allegations are unfounded. You can of course choose to do nothing but in all honesty , it is my view that this is letting them win. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind to rate my answers as I am not otherwise credited for the time I have spent answering your question. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question and most important: Who should i ask to stop making allegations: The person who put the blog up, the person who created the facebook group and moderates it, the people who made things up or said they felt harrassed, all of them and is it a good idea to wait... What happens if we go to court and they win what can i be charged with and what is the sentence?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
You should ask all of them to stop if the allegations are false. If the allegations are fabricated it is unlikely you would be charged or receive any sanction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry Jenny, with all due respect, but I haven't learned anything that i didn't know. I was hoping you would go into details, read the blog and facebook conversations... I still don't know what to do. maybe there isn't an answer for me. Thank you. Tony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I can't even rate what i feel, the website won't let me. Let me guess i can't even cancel my payment when it says everywhere you can... Is that right? Please reply in an honest professional way.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you were not happy with our service. I am happy to process a refund for you if required - please confirm this is how you would like me to proceed.