75100385

I live in a flat with a roomate. I pay the agency and he sould

I live in a flat with a roomate. I pay the agency and he sould give me half of the rent. He didn t pay me anymore. I wanted to give notice to angency that I leave but they say if I leave and he is not pay them thenthey are looking for me to pay. The roommate has a girlfriend that is living with him and is not in the contrat. The agency seams to not care how many people use a single toilet un that house. What can I do? I am beging for help from somebody:((((. He broked my chain from my door the other day and he beat me. The police know, give me a ref number but even after a week they haven t call him at all for a statment or something. For him this looks like" I can do what I want in this country"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you both named on the tenancy please? Does it say you are joint and severally liable?
Please note I am on the train so may be a delay when I reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answer me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the roommate to go out from the flat and if possible to be punished by low for the agression in my behalf
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Only the landlord can take this action sadly. This is because there is a contract between the landlord and this tenant and not between tenant and tenant. You can sue the tenant for the costs, but you can't sue the tenant on behalf of the landlord.
All you can do is sue other tenant. This is for loss and damage for non payment of rent. You could give notice to leave, end the joint tenancy and then ask the landlord for a sole tenancy.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ,What can I do to sue the tenant for not paying? What action I sould take? Where to go for it? What s the procedure ? Please .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to mention is a verbal agreement bethween us . No papers. :(((
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, was very helpful. Thank you very much . I wish you all the best. Thank you again.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/