75100385

My son and the single woman (approx 50 ) next door are involved

My son and the single woman (approx 50 ) next door are involved in a minor civil action regarding a fence damaged by her dogs (no longer around) A CCJ was granted and then set aside. My son is now being subjected to a concoction of lies by this woman to justify her not repairing a simple fence panel . He is now being accused of harassment . He was advised by the Police to take the civil action . He is being accused of abuse which is a lie and this whole situation is causing him and my daughter in law a lot of distress. She is trying to justify not repairing the fence by lies and character assasination. The Police have not been helpful. What is the way forward, counter allege harassment with a separate private action . My Son and Daughter in law are very upset that this woman can make such allegations and get away with it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know? Are there court proceedings in issue for the harassment allegation?
Note I am just on the train so may be a delay when replying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this time I do not believe there are separate proceedings in place. I have just seen a copy of a letter the neighbour has sent to the court alleging a long history of Harassment by my son. All lies.I am going to contact the Police about this latest letter. Which if believed could lead to a criminal prosecution. I believe that the letter has been composed with the assistance of someone with some legal knowledge. Her previous texts and emails do not display this level of ability.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Which court? County court in the existing proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Southend County Court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Has the court ordered exchange of witness statements yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The letter hand delivered to my Son appears to be her defence on the Fence panel matter.
This fence panel fades into the background, I am concerned more about the catalogue of lies
and false accusations she is now choosing to make against my Son.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But the claim is only for the fence panel at the moment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but all these lies muddies the water when it goes to a hearing and I am not sure whether the Police will make anything
out of the latest missive.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It makes no difference. All the court will be concerned about is the fence issue. Nothing else. So whatever else is raised is not relevant and won't help the judge decide the issue.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/