12826847

My long term partner of 15 plus years has decided to separate

Customer Question

my long term partner of 15 plus years has decided to separate and sell the home, the house is in her name but i have been the sole financial provider for this time can i prevent this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgageWhat have you actually paid for over the years?Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth £250,000 it was bought for £175.000 there is no mortgage, I have paid 95% of all bills (utility, upkeep food clothing) my partner has only claimed income support while I have been in full time employment since we came to live here, there are no children involved, no 3rd party and minimal debt (about £1000)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you paid for any alterations or improvements?Did your partner ever promise you a share of the property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid for repairs and improvements (re-pointing of brick work, secure fencing, re decoration, new furniture, drainage work, garden work) My partner has promised me 50% of the equity
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Has she now said that she will not pay you anything?