Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have paid £410 to petition my ex husband which

Customer Question

I have paid £410 to petition my ex husband for divorce which he has agreed to. I am in the process of completing the D80 form but do not know if I learn the second part of this question blank as I have paid?
I ask the court to grant a decree / an order dissolving my marriage civil partnership, or for (judicial) separation from the Respondent on the fact(s) stated in my petition
and (provided you have applied for costs in your petition for divorce/dissolution/(judicial) separation) to order the Respondent to pay the costs of this application.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
This would depend on whether you had applied for costs on the divorce petition (on Page 8, Part 10, Question 2) and whether you wish the court to make an order for your ex-husband to pay your divorce application costs. Usually this is used when the Respondent has either defended or delayed the proceedings.
If you have not applied for costs in the divorce petition, or if you do not wish for the court to make an order regarding costs then this does not need to be ticked on the D80 form.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.