75100385

I was at my local storage facility earlier, and slipped

Customer Question

hi, i was at my local storage facility earlier, and slipped on ice outside my unit, they didn't have an accident book but they let me note down the accident and sign it in the office. upon leaving i noticed that there was signs up warning of slippery conditions in cold,
even though they have signs up am i still able to make a personal injury claim?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can make a personal injury claim there is nothing stopping you. But any claim will be reduced for contributory fault, because they warned you. But they need to have a system in place to grit etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they do have gritting bins around the premises, i just want to know if i would be successful due to the fact that they had warning signs or weather it would be a waste of time claiming?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It's possible you have a claim but as I have said any award will be reduced because of the signs.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/