75100385

My mother was wrongly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in the

Customer Question

My mother was wrongly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in the wrong part of the body today and told she had a short time to live. This was not correct. She was almost given the wrong chemo therapy today until I realised that something must be wrong as we were previously given different information in writing. The hospital finally admitted the error. This has been extremely traumatic for her as an elderly woman. Is there a case here for negligence? As they didn't actually carry out the therapy yet (purely by chance as the medication wasn't ready and the wait was too long), if there was a case, would it be worth much?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
There is a case but if there has been no loss then any compensation would be minimal. If there had been an injury or wrong treatment actually taken place, that would be different and easier to quantify. But if just the disagnosis was wrong whilst there is a claim in negligence it would not be worth much.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/