75100385

At around 1.45pm on Sunday I was approached by a council employee

At around 1.45pm on Sunday I was approached by a council employee who fined me £80 for dropping a cigarette on the floor. This was in Sainsburys supermarket car park which I believe to be privately owned. Also the council employee had a portable CCTV camera attached to her body but their were no signs at all in the car park saying CCTV was in operation. I spoke to the manager of the store who confirmed the car park was privately owned and he was not aware of any council employee operating in the car park.
Do I have a case to appeal or should I just pay the fine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are correct, it is private. Therefore this contravention can only occur with permission of sainaburys. If sainaburys didn't consent they can not fine you. As for body camera there is no need to have this advertised. So you need to know whether they had the consent of sainsbury.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?