12826847

My sister had me arrested saying I had signed a cheque in my

my sister had me arrested saying I had signed a cheque in my mothers name to which I was released with no further action as I wouldn't even dream of robbing my own mother, but she is still insisting that I did so. I have lost my home and family because of this help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have a case against her I have witnesses including my solicitor and a mediator, my solicitor does not deal with libel I would like to know where I stand, surely people cannot go around saying these false accusations and getting away with it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, they usually do.
Does she have any money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose so she owns her own property and her husband works for a bank and is a teacher herself.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What was the specific lie that you can disprove?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that I did not sign a cheque in my mothers name, my mother signed it as proved by the fraud squad after my arrest. my sister is still insisting and telling everyone that I still did it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can you prove it was signed by her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because the police said it was her handwriting and not mine and I wouldn't dream of robbing my own mother. this is my 5th question so do you think I should see a solicitor who deals with this I live in Bristol.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not unless there is more to this.It might well be that you can prove that you didn't do this but what you are describing at this stage is a situation where the police cannot charge you because they cannot prove that you did. The two are entirely different things. Showing a person has been disbelieved is not at all the same thing as showing that they have lied.In any event, if you sue she could always rely on the defence of fair comment and then she would only have to prove it was a reasonable comment in all the circumstances. I don't know what her explanation is for this.If you just want to silence her then you could get a solicitor to write to her for about £100 warning her of the law of defamation and actually that usually does deter any repeat of slander. I wouldn't even think of actually going to court though on this evidence.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo