Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have not been mentioned in my fathers will and no mention

I have not been mentioned in my fathers will and no mention was made in the will as to why. Do I have any rights to request the notes of the solicitor who prepared the will, so I can ascertain why no mention of his children was made.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1.Dear Jo, the notes of the solicitor who prepared the will belong to the solicitor's client, the deceased person, your father. Accordingly, now that he is dead, it is the executor of his will who has the right to possession of them. So, if you wish to see the notes relating to the preparation of your father's will, you will need to get the consent of the executor to allow you to see these notes, provided your father's solicitor does not take the view that these notes are covered by the confidentiality accorded to his client, your late father.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. So, you should start by seeking the consent of the executor to your late father's will. If he consents, you have the right to ask the solicitor to see a copy of them. Then you will be able to see them, provided your father did not wish them to remain confidential to his solicitor and himself.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please RATE the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no part of the monies you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.