29905560

My daughter works University and is nearly at the end

My daughter works for a University and is nearly at the end of her 6 months probation. She hates it and wants to leave. She has never signed a contract. The HR Dept say she has to give one month's notice. I think this is wrong. Am I right? Please help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello does the contract she was issued with state she must give a month's notice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has never been issued a contract
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If she was never issue with a contract then you are correct. A contract, even if unsigned, could have stipulated a specific notice period which she may be bound by but in the absence of such she will only have to give a week's notice which is the minimum legal notice someone who has been working with an employer for over a month must give. So in this case it is a weeks notice unless here was a contract issued which stipulated a longer period, which you have confirmed is not the case.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.