31090051

Can one of the executors of a will stop the distribution of

Customer Question

Can one of the executors of a will stop the distribution of monies because he thinks the deceased spent too much money before they died
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lived with and looked after both of my parents for 5 years. My father died in 2013 and I continued to care for my mother until she died in 2015. My brother now thinks that because I lived there rent free that I have had my fair share of the proceeds and he should get everything else. The solicitor who is handling the will and probate says there is nothing he can do as our solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I hadn't given up my full time job and life to look after my parents. My mum would definitely have had to go into a home and then there would have been no money left for him to have at all!
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your brother cannot do this. An executor's job is to ingather and distribute the estate in accordance with the will. He can't make a judgment like this which would be tantamount to changing the will.
See your own solicitor to have a stop put to this nonsense.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.