Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I had a message from my employment on Friday to say that

Hi I had a message from my employment on Friday to say that I had bee suspended from work because there was residents money short I have worked for the company for 15 years and have never had anythink like this before. I did have access to the money but so did 4 others but they have says that it was my responsibly even though I was not there all the time. Is there a chance I could see someone and get them to come with me when I have to attend Thank you Pam britnell
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have you been asked to attend a disciplinary hearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have but not yet received the date
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi legally you have the right to be accompanied at a disciplinary hearing by a trade union representative or a work colleague, there is no right to take a solicitor with you to a meeting and most of the time an employer would refuse to allow this. In order to terminate your contract for gross misconduct your employer must establish reasonable belief that you have committed an act of gross misconduct. If you were not there at the relevant time or other people could have also done it it will be hard for them to establish reasonable belief. It is my view therefore that unless they can have some evidence that it was you if you were to be dismissed for this you would have a claim. You would have to appeal first. Is there anything further you would like to know about this? If I have answered your question please remember to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for the time I have spent working on your question. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you help Pam
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem, Pam, all the best with it. Please remember to rate my answer before leaving the site and do come back to me in the future if you need to.