How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I hold a current South African Passport which expires on 23

Customer Question

I hold a current South African Passport which expires on 23 March 2016. All previous Passports were stamped allowing me to enter and leave the UK without let or hindrance. I am married to a UK national for 40 years, have three adult children all UK citizens, have worked all my adult life as a Priest in the Church of England and am now retired living in my own freehold home in Cricklade. Will I be successful in my application for British Citizenship?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Fr. John, the first thing to realise is that you are entitled to UK citizenship after three years of marriage to a UK citizen so long as you resided in the UK during those three years. The only other requirement is a test of "good character". As someone who was a Church of England priest for over 40 years, you will be viewed as having contributed to society in the UK - just the type of person they want as a UK citizen. So I don't foresee any problems with you obtaining UK citizenship. YOu should pass with flying colours.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering the question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your courteous and most helpful recent advice to me. I have had some contact from Immigration Direct who want to process my application for naturalisation. They appear to be fairly costly and I wonder if they are reputable. I would appreciate endorsement or your alternative advice. I am also concerned that it appears that I have to pay a monthly fee of £34.00 to Just Answer. Is this correct? Again I cannot afford this.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. The first thing you should be aware of, is that using an Immigration Agent is unnecessary for processing an application for naturalisation and citizenship. This is something you can easily do yourself as there is no magic to it. Here is a link to the Uk Government website on how to process the application with links to the relevant forms I would recommend that you do it yourself.4. Secondly, if you don't want a subscription to JustAnswer, then just contact Customer services and cancel it. There is no obligation to take out a subscription.

Related Law Questions