12826847

I've recently had my license revoked due to speeding, I

Customer Question

Hi I've recently had my license revoked due to speeding, I got 6 points in my first 2 years this has really effected me as I need my license to work is there anyway to speak and perhaps get 3 points and a bigger fine? Much appreciated if you could help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but there isn't. If you acquire six points in the first two years of driving then that leads to revocation. There is no exceptional hardship test and no appeal. It is automatic. Courts and the DVLA have no discretion.
You are revoked though rather than banned so you can take your test again and be back on the road which would be faster than an appeal even if that were possible.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time and reply does it mean my no claims from the previous years will now be cancelled?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No.
YOu haven't made a claim.
The points and the revocation will have an adverse impact upon your insurance though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so if I retake my test and get my new license I will still have 2 year no claims but my premiums will go up due to the points? Is that correct?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, yov will have to disclose that yovr insvrance has been cancelled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. You've been very helpful
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/