29905560

I need a copy of my past criminal records

Customer Question

i need a copy of my past criminal records
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you need it for?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am applying for criminal injuries and need to know my past criminal history
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can u email me and tell me how long you can send my criminal record
We can't give you your criminal record history, that is for the police to do, but I can tell you of what you need to do to get that from them
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what do i need to do, Also i do not wish to be a member of your company. I am not willing to pay any more money. I thought i was paying 56 pound for my criminal history record
No you cannot get your record here, we only provide advice, we cannot supply your record for you, so I can give you advice on what you need to do in order to get your record
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what do i need to do to get my criminal record off the police
You need to make what is known as a ‘subject access request’ with the local police department. Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 entitles an individual to request from a data controller a copy of any information which amounts to personal data about them. The process is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). If you wish to make a SAR, you need to write to the organisation that holds the data in question, in this case the police. Your letter should include the following information:{C}· Make it clear that you are making a 'subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998';{C}· Provide details of the data you are requesting copies of;{C}· Your main personal details - full name, date of birth and address;{C}· Any identification information they may require (e.g. copy of your passport – that is why it may be best to call them first to see what they expect you to send so that you include it when you write to them) The organisation may ask for a fee to fulfil your request, which should not be more than £10. Once you have provided all the relevant information and fee, the organisation must send you a formal response within 40 days. So the first thing you should do is contact your local police station and tell them what you are planning on doing and ask them what identification they would require you to provide. Then send that together with your letter for a subject access request and other details as mentioned above and they should then process your request and supply you with your criminal records history. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.