12826847

Zoey, I have recently been a victim of fraud. Someone had fooled me and went and too

Customer Question

Hello Zoey, I have recently been a victim of fraud. Someone had fooled me and went and took 4 loans out and all of a sudden I have been receiving letters requesting payment. I have not taken these loans out myself and have not given anyone permission to do so. All loan companies have refused to listen to me and have caused me so much stress and at one point depression. I now wish to send all companies emails, and if they still refuse to respond I will take it to the fincial ombudsman. There is so much about this situation of mine. I now work 7 days a week all day everyday with 2 jobs, I don't have a bank card because I can't open a new one due to my credit rating dropping. I can not express the stress, sleepless nights it has caused me. I feel as if all these loan companies are not listening to me, they are very quick to chase payments, but they have not once contacted me in regards ***** ***** updates. I hope I could get some guidance and understanding from you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.I would like to know how do I go about making these loan companies believe me so they can right it off? The total sum loaned was £36500 and on top of that is the interest and the charges I have recived because I refuse to pay. I have to get an update with action fraud so really what I am asking is where do I start? I feel stuck and overwhelmed with it all.Kind regards,
Sabrina
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to send these emails to the loans companies but I am not very good with writing and I want them to take me seriously so I guess I kind off need help in knowing what to say in these complaints emails. Do I make any sense?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, there are no magic wands. Whatever you do and say they will probably not believe you.
If you have made a report to the police then you could send them the crime report number. That is not likely to deter them though given the amount in question.
It doesn't really matter whether they believe you or not. The issue is whether they will sue. If they do sue then you can defend on this basis and a court almost certainly would accept your account if you have made a report and there is no evidence that you received it.
In terms of your credit rating, you can lodge a dispute with the credit reference agencies. It is fair to say that gives rise to a struggle but it can be done.
In terms of a bank card, you can apply for a basic bank account which the banks will not refuse. They do not have to give you any credit at all. They don't have to give you a visa card. A basic bank account with a debit card where you can deposit funds and draw out that amount will not be refused whatever your credit rating. They won't give you a cheque book but nobody really uses them now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I have given the police a lot of details and I am confident that they will find the person. The first thing I did when I found all of this out is called the banked, then action fraud, then the loan companies I have given the crime report number to all relevant companies.In regards ***** ***** loans companies not believing, what I really want is for them to take me to court so I can express myself in a fair way.The guidance you have provided is very very helpful. Thank you so much.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They are likely to do that in this case. If it were a much lower sum then they might just add a default to your credit rating but not for £35k.
I would imagine they probably would sue and you can raise this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I hope you are well.I have only just seen this and have noticed the typing error - it's not 35k its £3600. I am really sorry.I understand what you are saying but I will not lose to this, I understand that £3600 is not a lot for some, but it is for me and why should I pay when I never did it and never gained from this money - there has to be prove I am just hoping the police find out how and what.If I could stand up in court then I would be able to express what has happened and they would see that the story does not add up because I know the truth? I don't understand how I was entitled to this loan money in the first place I don't make enough income. So the person who has done this has lied about my income and job I don't know what any of the applications look like. I am just sick and tired of them not believing me and the amount of time this has taken, and its still not over.If these loan companies don't take me to court, can I take them to court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not if it is just that they are writing to you.
If they actually add a default to your credit account and you have to take out loans at higher rates then there is a claim you could bring but it isn't easy. It would be better to lodge a dispute with the credit reference agencies.