ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Have question regarding divorce. I got married in March 2013.

Customer Question

Have question regarding divorce. I got married in March 2013. I and my wife have started living separately since November 2013. Since then (November 2013), I have no any contact with my wife. I don't have any of her contact details and have no means to contact her as I don't know her address or telephone number to contact.
In this case What should do to get divorce from her? What are my options to get divorce if she never get contacted?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
From the nature of your question it is likely aware that you are going to need to have contact details for your wife to be able to issue court proceedings as the court will need to serve by post the papers on your wife.
I wonder if you would be able to try to contact your wife / obtain the details by approaching her family / facebook.
If none of this is possible then I would suggest you look to instruct a Trace Agent to locate the address for you.
There are lots of Trace Agents and some offer 'No Trace - No Fee' services. This is one example:
http://www.keithparsons.co.uk/services_tracing.aspx
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your initial answer. I don't think trace agent would help me in this case as I do not have any of her contact details; However, I may consider this option later.She is active on facebook and I know her facebook account id though she has blocked me on facebook. Do you think that would help in this case anyway?
Thank you for your response.
If you have been blocked on Facebook then she's not going to get the message from you that you need contact details for a divorce.
I have used Trace Agents on numerous occasions and they are able to get the details you need from often only the most limited information. They really are worth contacting.
Otherwise you do need to try and contact her family to see if they can get a message to her that you want to divorce and ask if an address can be provided so that the court can send the papers.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively otherwise the site keeps your payment and we receive no credit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well neither she nor her parents are interested to get in touch. I have tried to contact them on several occasions in the past but they are not communicating. by the way her parents are living in INDIA and she is here in UK. Even sent her D8 form for divorce to her address which i found by using my friend's contact but she changed her address and the D8 form returned back without accepting. I think she is living here without proper visa so that she is hiding and not come up.If i use trace agents and if they found her address, what if she change her address and refuse to accept the petition or any other communication from me or from court?
Have you already petitioned for divorce?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have filed petition for divorce in April 2015.
Then best thing is to ask a Trace Agent to not only locate your wife but also to personally serve her with the court papers. This is realitively inexpensive, quick and will get the result you need.
Ask the court first to send you all the sealed court papers including the acknowledgment of service form.
Once you have them instruct the agent.
Once she's had the papers personally served - if she still doesn't respond then you can apply for decree nisi by attaching a statement from the agent saying that he's served her.
You can then carry on with your divorce without requiring any further input from your wife.
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the answer. That looks promising to me.How can i ask court for sealed papers? Should I call directly to court and ask for the papers or do i need to give written application for the same or do i need to hire a lawyer for it?What papers i should ask for to court?Would you be kind enough to provide me some trace agents detail who are good for this.What is she refuse to receive the documents even from the trace agent?
You can just call the court directly and ask them to send the sealed papers to you. You don't need a lawyer to do that for you.
It doesn't matter if your wife won't accept the papers from you - all they have to do is leave the papers near her if she won't take the papers in her hand.
This service can trace and serve
http://www.investigate.uk/legal-litigation-services/process-servers/
http://www.blackhawkintelligence.com/corporate-services/process-serving/
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should i ask to court when i make a call? What documents should i ask for? Should i say court to send this documents to my home address?
Happy to continue assisting but would grateful if you could kindly rate positively - your question will not close and I can answer your follow up questions for free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caroline,Yes sure i would rate you positively as i am extremely happy and satisfied by your response.As i understand, even after making rating, i would still get the information i required on my current issue and i do not need to pay any extra for it. Please correct me here if i am wrong.
Yes - your question stays open and you can come back and ask any follow up questions.
Leaving a positive rating means we receive credit rather than your payment just being retained by the service. Often we give lots of advice and the customers forget to rate
Basically when you call the court:
- give them the case number
- explain your the petitioner and that you are going to instruct an agent to trace and personally
- ask them to post to you all the sealed papers including the acknowledgment of service form
Easy as that - it will arrive in a few days :)
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caroline,Hope you are well.I am in process of considering the Trace agent option you have suggested here. That looks promising but I have another thought in my mind as below:I got married in INDIA and my marriage was registered in INDIA. I don't know where exactly she is living at the moment but lastly we both went to INDIA together in Oct-2013 from there she went to her parents home and then after I have had no contact with her by any means. In this case should I post all the sealed papers including the acknowledgment of service form to her on her permanent address which is in INDIA. On her INDIA address her parents and other relatives are living together with her.What if she is not there on her permanent address and her parents may receive the papers over there in INDIA. Do you think this would work to move forward my Divorce petition. Please advise.Thanks,
Bhavesh
Hi Bhavesh I hope that you are well. If you think that there is a possibility that your wife may get the papers if you post them to her parents - then there is nothing to stop you from taking this steps. But if she still doesnt respond - you are still in the same position you are in now. Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick response. You mean to say she compulsorily has to respond to the papers. if I sent the papers to her on her Home address in INDIA with signed recorded delivery and her parents received the papers instead of her and just not respond then don't i have chance to forward my process without her involvement?
Hello Your wife doesnt need to respond if she is served with the papers - hence a Trace Agent and papers being personally served. Once service has taken place - you can apply for decree nisi. But if the papers were just sent to her parents - then she would have to respond before you could apply for decree nisi. Kind regards Caroline