12826847

A difficult one I'm afraid. I have just found out that my 44

A difficult one I'm afraid. I have just found out that my 44 year old brother, has been having, on two occasions, consensual sex with his 24 year old daughter after drinking binges. Her step-mother has found out about it and has contacted the police, who interviewed the daughter a couple of day's ago, and said that if she wanted my brother to be prosecuted for incest, that she would also be prosecuted as she gave her consent. My brother is now being bombarded with messages from various members of the family, telling him to "Turn himself in" what would be your best advice as to what my brother should do next please ? Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Unless the police have asked him to go in for interview then I wouldn't even think about it. There is no sense in walking into a police station and holding his hands in the air.
If they do want him to go in then it is a classic no comment situation. Unless anybody has witnessed them having sex there is no case to answer. Even if the daughter has admitted it then can't use her evidence unless she is going to give evidence against him or, of course, start alleging rape.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jo for your advice, which is sufficient for the time being
Chris
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. All the best. Please remember to rate my answer.