12826847

My case was NFA'd (no further action) but two weeks later

Customer Question

hi, my case was NFA'd (no further action) but two weeks later I was charged , on bail for two years, then got a sentence for 30 months,
I was told by the solicitor that the policeman went beserk when it came back NFA, then asked another cps barrister to look at it and said I want something doing about this, which they did and I got 30 months, but to this day they still wont tell me why I was recharged , it seems to be hushed up, what can I do
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid there is not much you can do. When the decision to take no further action against a suspect the police reserve the right to reopen the case at any time. The decision to charge is made by the CPS and it could be that the original advice given to the police was wrong.Given you received a lengthy sentence it would be hard to argue that you shouldn't have been charged.If you have any further questions please ask. If this answers your questions please press accept.