75100385

We have just sold our property and are anxious about what we

Customer Question

We have just sold our property and are anxious about what we should include in the sellers information form. We did have some difficulties with some neighbours who left the property months ago. We called the police twice to intervene in domestic arguments they were having and also spoke to the council about some low level nuisance (such as a messy garden and playing music in their back garden). The complaints were all dealt with effectively at the time. Now that they have left the property there are no issues on the street and I am confident there is nothing that would interfere with the buyers enjoyment of the property.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What information is being asked on the sellers form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not yet reached the stage of completing the paperwork, we only received the offer yesterday. As we were selling I thought that our historic issues would not be relevant as the people had left, but after goggling it last night I see that there is a form "TA6" which asks "Have there been any disputes or complaints regarding this property or a property nearby?". This has got me thinking about whether we need to disclose anything about the historic issues.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if it asks have there ever been - you should answer yes, because it's true.
You can also qualify this by saying they have moved. But the question is clear and sadly I think you need to declare it.
If it was only meant to mean recent disputes it would say within the last say 6 years, but it does not. It says ever.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
...especially as the individuals have now left the area
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. But the question does not say that, it asks has there ever been a dispute.
I am sorry but you should declare it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/