Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am a flat owner in a block which operates as a company and

I am a flat owner in a block which operates as a company and employs a Managing Agent to run day-to-day matters. An examination of the 2014-5 accounts has revealed mismanagement, inadequate records of accounts, payment of unauthorised bills, etc. to the extent that crimes may have been committed.
To what authority should I report this matter?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Defrauding a company and falsifying accounting records is fraud. This would have to be reported to the police. I would also contact the company bankers and have the company bank accounts frozen. Furthermore you need to have the managing agents removed, and discuss the possibility of suing them for fraud or for breach of their implied obligations under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (implied requirement to use reasonable care and skill).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer which is most helpful. I have no further questions. Once again, many thanks.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I wish you the best of luck. I would be most grateful if you would rate my answer. If I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex J,I have read and noted your answer and I thank you for it. I have no further questions.There is no need to communicate with me further.Colin