12826847

I booked two tickets wife and myself with a travel agent

I booked two tickets for my wife and myself with a travel agent called Travel Centre. Itold the agent I want to go in premium Economy and return by Business class, but when she sends the iteniary she did bothways on Premium economy and I did not notice that as I was particular about chking the dates only. So agreed to it. After about 10 minutes when I looked through the whole thing I noticed this mistake she has made so Iimmediatly send a mail Stating that she has booked us fly back on Premium Economy rather than Businessw. She argued about so I send a mail asking her can cel the flight booking. They came back with £450 each ticket can cellation Fee!!!
What can I do now?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello what do you wish to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I have cancelled our flight and I want full refund.
Kanto
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you agree cancellation rights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no provision cancellation.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What are the dates of travel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife is travelling on 27th of January and I am flying out on the 4th of February. We are both coming back on the 4th of March. These are the dates I booked with this travel agent Travel Centre. Now I have bought a ticket with same dates of travel and Premium Economy outbound and Buisiness inbound as I wanted as my wife is going to have an knee replacement operation and cannot sit in an economy class.
Kanto
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That makes things harder I am afraid.
You don’t have automatic cancellation rights and you didn’t agree any. They would be under a duty to mitigate their loss by trying to sell the tickets to another but they don’t have time to do that if the departure date is so soon.
Then you would have to drop down upon the argument that they are to blame for the incorrect booking. It might be that they accept that but the problem that you have is that you didn’t check the information and these forms usually do suggest that you do so.
they are unlikely to agree to a full refund I’m afraid. The best hope you have is that they may pay the difference between the price you paid and the sum it should have been if the booking had been correct.
You could always sue for that sum and they might give in. They won’t want to spend their days at a small claims court hearing.
Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Comment and Advise.
Kanto
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.