12826847

In October 2015 I received a catalogue from Expert Verdict

Customer Question

In October 2015 I received a catalogue from Expert Verdict of***** Groundwell, Wiltshire, SN25 5AW. Its contents included New 'Instant-on' dimmable bulbs that give a super-bright. As I had experienced a number of different bulb failures at my home, on 18 October I ordered, by telephone and using my MasterCard for payment, four boxes of 10 bulbs of various types. A few days later I received one parcel containing a box of 10 mini globe bulbs.
on 5th November 2015 I telephoned Expert Verdict's Customer Enquiries number to ask why I had not received the three other parcels as it was beyond the 8 days delivery the company states [and the 10-14 days allowance they state for the last item to arrive]! the person I spoke with on 5 November told me that the operator with whom I placed the order should have informed me that the items were out of stock, and that new stock had arrived and the missing three boxes would then be sent and I should receive them during the week beginning 15 November. None was received. Once again I telephoned Expert Verdict on 30 November 2015 and informed that there had been a problem in the warehouse and I should receive the outstanding three items by 8/9 December, but if not I should telephone once again. None was received so I telephoned yet again on 16th December when I was told once more about the warehouse problem. I was getting anxious as dark nights were coming in and being disabled I need good lighting in my hall and for the landing as my walking is not very good! I telephoned yet again and was told by the operator, a lady named Amy that the three parcels had bee despatched and that I should receive them soon. Since then I have not had any communication (mail or telephone) from Expert Verdict or even ONE of the three missing parcels. I should inform you that the sum of £99.80 was taken from my MasterCard account on the day I placed the order. I contacted the CAB with the same information as above but have had no response to that. What do I do now? I look forward to receiving your advice and/or guidance and thank you most sincerely ***** ***** giving your time to this matter and perhaps, then I might be able to have a worry-free night's sleep. Sincerely , ***** *****.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances?