12826847

The other day my girlfriend and I were taking her young

Customer Question

The other day my girlfriend and I were taking her young cousin to school. We jumped into my girlfriends daughters car as it was blocking our car in. I was driving .
On the way to school another car, coming the other way skidded on ice and hit us, the vehicle behind him also crashed into a ditch without hitting us . Pretty clearly his fault , admitted it at the time , photos show us neatly parked on our side of the road and his car facing the wrong way on our side of the road , third car in the ditch.
No one injured .
Exchange details .
I get home check my insurance and I'm not insured to drive other vehicles other than my own. I changed insurance companies last February and although it's comprehensive it no longer covers me as stated.
My girlfriends daughters insurers were notified and obviously just stated they were not liable .The damage to our car is probably a couple of thousand pounds and the other drivers a couple of hundred .
My question is will the other drivers insurance pay for the damage to our vehicle or will they just refuse as I was not on the road legally ?
Also will they automatically inform the police and will they then prosecute me?
Obviously no insurance is serious and ignorance is no defence but I'm nearly 50 of good character clean licence etc.
Many Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think you may be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , think I maybe ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I put the wrong email
***@******.***
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you are just asking what sentence you will get for having no insurance then you will get 6 points and a fine.Whether or not the other driver's insurance will pay depends on the terms of his policy but probably they will recover from the MIB and they will recover from you plus costs. I would try to settle that privately.They won't automatically inform the police but they are more likely to do so if you don't resolve this.If you do pay this privately then they would not have any motive to make a report.can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine .Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/