Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Childcare ArrangementsHi,I left my ex in 2011 and the

Customer Question

Childcare Arrangements
I left my ex in 2011 and the child care arrangements were every Wednesday 5.30pm pick up and drop off at school AM. Then every other weekend Friday 5.30pm and drop off Sunday 4pm.
In May 15, my ex moved back to the north east which is 1 h 48 min x 2 (84.2 mi) x 2
via A19, There is quiet a time difference compared to 19 min (6.6 mi).
We have had a constant disagreement on this point as my ex has stipulated that if I want to see my children I need to pick up from her parents home and drop off and there's no negotiation in regards ***** ***** matter.
The fact is the extra cost and inconvenience is not fair especially when it was her decision.
The agreement is every other week Friday pickup at 5.30pm and drop off Sunday 4pm, the point is where do I stand as she is looking to move a further half an hour away which will add another 1 hour and I'm not happy in the first instance and the current arrangements.
I just need to understand what can I do?
Regards Rick *******
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm how old the children are and if you have parental responsibility (either you were married at the time of the children's birth, or if they were born after 1 December 2003 you are named on their birth certificate as the father)
Also, was the initial move agreed to and do you pay any child maintenance?