29905560

I wish to write a letter of apology to the District Court,

Customer Question

I wish to write a letter of apology to the District Court, who should I address the letter to,
please?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you apologising for and are you apologising to anyone in specific?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Who shall I address the letter to? Is it 'The Magistrate'? I just want to this only and am so sorry I am so slow about it..

Many thanks,

Dr. Malik.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you are generally writing to the court then you do not need to use any specific titles like addressing it to the Magistrate or a Judge. It may not even be a judge who reads it. As such you would only be expected to use a generic Dear Sir/madam or To Whom It May Concern. It may sound impersonal to you but you are not addressing it to a specific person and as such it would be the most appropriate address in the circumstances. Also do not worry about this so much, no one would give it a second glance as to to how specifically you had addressed such a letter and it would not change anything.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.