12826847

My mom is in a nursing home; currently her grand-daughter

Customer Question

my mom is in a nursing home; currently her grand-daughter is next of kin but i want to have her removed as she's distressing her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mom wants myself and my elder sister to help her but because the grand-daughter is next of kin we can't do anything;
the grand-daughter is trying to stop us from visitng in the evenings - which is the only time she knows we can go
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes your mother still have mental capacity?How did her name come to be given to the home as "next of kin"?