How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 47354
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Can to people marry in uk if one is from australia but is a

Resolved Question:

can to people marry in uk if one is from australia but is a british citizen
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When you say they are from Australia but a British citizen, do you mean they hold a British passport but live in Australia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If they are a British citizen they can marry in the UK without any restrictions but there may be separate requirements depending on whether they get married in a Church or a registry office. Which one would it be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be in a registry office
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok to marry in a registry office you would need to give notice and to do this both of you would need to have lived in the registry district for 7 days so they cannot just come a few days before the ceremony and get married, they would need to have spent some time here to be able to satisfy these requirements, but as it is rather a short time requirement it should not be a problem. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions