29905560

Can to people marry in uk if one is from australia but is a

can to people marry in uk if one is from australia but is a british citizen
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When you say they are from Australia but a British citizen, do you mean they hold a British passport but live in Australia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If they are a British citizen they can marry in the UK without any restrictions but there may be separate requirements depending on whether they get married in a Church or a registry office. Which one would it be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be in a registry office
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok to marry in a registry office you would need to give notice and to do this both of you would need to have lived in the registry district for 7 days so they cannot just come a few days before the ceremony and get married, they would need to have spent some time here to be able to satisfy these requirements, but as it is rather a short time requirement it should not be a problem. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you