75100385

Last April 2015 I paid a company called Icon Arms a 50% deposit

Customer Question

Last April 2015 I paid a company called Icon Arms a 50% deposit of £1125 to build me a custom, 1 of a kind long barreled pistol for target shooting in the club I am a member of. After failing to contact me until October 2015 the owner of Icon Arms, a Mr Mike Jakes, sent me an email apologizing for being out of communication and that he would now no longer be able to build the pistol I had ordered and that he would be giving me a full refund of my deposit. Unfortunately before this could be done Mr Jakes was killed in a motorbike accident. A friend of the family was asked by the family and the police to help wrap up the business matters of Icon Arms and the deceased Mr Jakes. I received a couple of emails from the family friend on the matter but have heard nothing for the last 2 months. I have sent him 3 emails over the last couple of weeks without reply. Any help on how I can proceed with this matter would be greatly appreciated as I cannot afford to just write off £1125.***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Icon Arms is / was a company based in England UK. I am from Scotland UK.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court. As you are in Scotland it may not let you issue online.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.