Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been accused by my ex partner that i am an alcoholic

Customer Question

I have been accused by my ex partner that i am an alcoholic and take drugs. I have been asked by her solicitors to undergo a drug test, which i am happy to do. However the letter from her solicitor says i should provide a hair sample for the test at a company called Laxtox that do the test and if i dont agree to do the test than i should admit to taking drugs. However i would rather ask the judge to order me to do the test and i know im clean and happy to undergo any test. The judge has ordered her to provide a scots schedule and she needs this test done for the scots schedule.
i have been told by friends that some of these solicitor have contacts with these drug test companies and im scared that i might get framed.
I have taken her to the court as she was not letting me have access to our 2 years old daughter.
is it best that i do the test as instructed by her solicitor or should i request for the judge to order me to take the test?
lastly they want me to pay for the test to be done on my, which i think is not fair.
please help!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
If you are already in court proceedings then the judge should decide whether a drug test is required and if so a direction should be made for this and should specify which drugs to test for. It is usual for the person undergoing the drug testing to fund the tests however you could ask for it to be shared equally with her as they are insisting on you taking the drug test.
Lextox is a fully independent company and has stringent methods of testing. Your hair strand will be collected in the presence of a witness and sealed in a bag which is then sent for testing.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.