Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My son has looked a something he shouldn't of on line (porn)

My son has looked a something he shouldn't of on line (porn) and his iPad has locked down it says he needs to pay a fine within 24 hours is this correct it says all about him being convicted and has locked down his iPad iTunes account. It says we need to pay a £100 fine within 24 hours via a pay safe card is this legal and what should I do
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. This is a scam. Do not pay any money. Only a court can impose a fine. It is likely that his iPad has been infected by a virus or malware- this is a common type of fraud and he should not pay these cheats anything. He may have no option but to reset his iPad to get rid if the virus.
Good morning. If I have answered your question please remember to take a moment to rate my answer so that I am paid for my time.