Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My son has looked a something he shouldn't of on line (porn)

My son has looked a something he shouldn't of on line (porn) and his iPad has locked down it says he needs to pay a fine within 24 hours is this correct it says all about him being convicted and has locked down his iPad iTunes account. It says we need to pay a £100 fine within 24 hours via a pay safe card is this legal and what should I do
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. This is a scam. Do not pay any money. Only a court can impose a fine. It is likely that his iPad has been infected by a virus or malware- this is a common type of fraud and he should not pay these cheats anything. He may have no option but to reset his iPad to get rid if the virus.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. If I have answered your question please remember to take a moment to rate my answer so that I am paid for my time.