12826847

Jo,I have attached a copy of the letter I received. The

Customer Question

Hi Jo,I have attached a copy of the letter I received. The paypal transaction simply shows the purchase of what could be any shoe if the same style and brand and being one of the most popular shoes this brand sells it does not prove anything.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
All that letter is asking you to do is withdraw from the assertions that you have made as far as I can see.
It is turned onside so quite hard for me to read but it seems to be couched in reservations and do no more than asking you to resile from your assertions.
It is probably just a letter before action without any attempt to actually act but nobody can guarantee that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to respond briefly in writing. if there any suggestions on what points i should and should not say.As mentioned before you have advised I have not undertaken 'defamation' and still maintain my point they look like shoes i sold previously. they have provided no proof but the other party may or one of their friends may have purchased a pair of shoes similar.I stand by my position and dont want to be string armed into withdrawing my asertions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
over the threat of further action... what further action can be taken and what is the likely path and outcome?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You would really need to see a solicitor about this who has had full vision of the case.
However, if you are intent then just write back maintaining your assertions.
You don't actually have to prove that your allegations were true anyway. You just have to show that they amount to fair comment.
But if you intend replying it would be best to get a solicitor to do it.