12826847

I have the next problem I helped my friend who just arrived

Customer Question

I have the next problem I helped my friend who just arrived in UK last year, by using my bank account for to pay his insurance fee . His original insurance was cancelled by ASDA insurance due that he not was able to provide a document from Hungary. ASDA with a higher price done a new insurance. In same time my friend get a banc account and the new insurance was debited from there. From my account in June not was debited the amount but in July, August, September, October, November was debited again. In same time for the new insurance they debited my friend account too- so ADA insurance collected money for an cancelled by them policy and for an active policy too the insurance fee for these month. I tried to contact them by phone explaining the situation and I cancelled at my bank there debit payments. What they sad than that I have to wait 40 days and for to be returned my money debited by mistake. Today we tried to contact them again because we are out of 40 day and they trying to push on us their fault by telling that the cancelation for the wrong policy was done only in December when they not get the payment for it. We have their cancelation letter from May 2015. On my bank account it is clear that in June not was debited the amount and in July for any reason they restart to debit my account. My question it is how I can get back from this insurance company the not legally debited amount. We have all letters sent by them for the first cancelation from May 2015. Do I need to go to Police that this company stolen from my account over than 400 GBP ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
So, in short, they took the payments from you despite the fact that he had paid?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Shortly yes and much more that when I complain for the first time they promised that will be sorted in next 40 day and when we call again the ASDA Money financial office yesterday because we run over to the 40 days they sad that the policy was cancelled only in December when I instructed my bank to not pay this debit ever more. They sent a second cancellation letter on the 2nd of December after our first complain call. My name it is Gyula Laszlo Nagy and my friend it is Zsolt Pasztor how you can see on the attached documents. I am confused now because I only tried to help somebody new in UK to can set up his life and now because somebody done a mistake at ASDA I have to run after my money. Please let me know if you need more information than I attached . Thank you for your help. Kind regards,Gyula L Nagy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
OK.
Are you confident he has paid?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, he can provide a prove from his bank that the policy fee was transferred in time every month.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
And how much have they deducted from your account?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In June they not deducted any amount this I checked in June 2015 knowing about the cancelation letter, and starting from July they restart to deduct based on direct debit setup July 94.31, August 94.31, September 94.31, October 94.31, November 94.31 GBP. In total 5*94.31=471.55 GBP. This I observed when I start to have a filling that something goes wrong with my account balance only on end of November 2015.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Are you willing to sue?