Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

If an employee starts a job on 3 months probation, from what

If an employee starts a job on 3 months probation, from what date does continuous employment begin - from the initial date or the date at the end of probation ?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have they worked beyond the probation period and has there been any gap in employment at all of more than 2 weeks (other than for holiday)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, passed probation and no gaps

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi in that case it is very straightforward continuous services starts the first day of the probation period (i.e. the initial date). Please do let me know if you have any further questions. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would kindly take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.