13262538

My husband is Executor to my Aunt's Will wherein her flat was

My husband is Executor to my Aunt's Will wherein her flat was left jointly to myself and my sister. The flat has been rented out since my Aunt's death as we could not realise an acceptable selling price at the time. My sister and I have now agreed that I will buy her out of the property (we have agreed a price). What legalities do we have to go through to in order to do this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHas your husband obtained probate of the Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That was done shortly after my Aunt's death back in 2009
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is the property still held in your Aunt's name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is and it is leasehold. The landlord was obviously told at the time and is aware that the flat is let out (all relevant fees having been paid to them to sub-let.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then all that needs to be done is for your husband to arrange the final Estate Account sincluding the payment from you to your sister and to transfer the property (using an AS1 form) into your name in his role as Executor.
Given that it is leasehold he may well find it easier to get a local conveyancing firm to deal with the Transfer for him.
I hope that thi sis of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. Just one more thing .. would it be necessary for my sister to engage the services of a conveyancer?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No as she has no part to play in the conveyancing process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.
I am sorry to ask but I do not receive my share of the fee unless you give a positive rating!