13262538

Does the child age 27 and the father has signature on her birth

Customer Question

does the child age 27 and the father has signature on her birth certificate can get some of his assets even the child is not staying the father and the father has his own family
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about your situation please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My husband got pregnat a lady 25 yrs ago when he was in teen but the lady is not her live in partner who just come for sex. Now coz of the lady show to him the child when she was in the hospital and thats the last time he saw both of them he kept the secret to everybody coz of that he look for what he claim as his daughter whose age now 27. the daugther is asking the father to sign on her birth certificate as her father? But my husband not ready to sign for it? My question if he did sign the birth certicate as her father Does she have already the right to claim the assets or any property of the father. Even the father is legally married for 21 yrs with children to his 21yrs legal partner?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
May I ask which part of the Uk you are in?
Is your husband certain this young woman is his daughter?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No we don't leave in UK but my husband is british? My husband told me that his not 100% sure he thinks 80%. The only thing he did contact his daughter last year and meet her coz he thinks its the right time to correct things right. But as a wife I don't agree that because of his guilt and accept that the girl is his daughter because the mother before told him that she is pregnant and since then he didn't see her again and the last time he see her, when she call him while she is in the hospital When his searching about his daughter he said he does look like him. But for me the looks doesn't consider as your daughter. Its hard for him to ask for her daughter or to the mother the DNA as he is the one who search for her last year.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thats why its hard if he do sign the birth certificate of the child whose I think more than 28 yrs of age has the right on my husband assets. his daughter is getting married in Greece and 1 of the requirement is the birth certificate. Her birth certificate does not have a father details or signature.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
HI
Does your husband have any assets in the Uk?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my husband has money in UK but he has in Asia a property and a money
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Has he made a Will?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no he haven't
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Then if he acknowledges the child she will indeed have a claim on his estate in the event of this death.If he really wishes to consider agreeing to this request then he should say that he will need a DNA test to appease you (very reasonable) and he MUST make a Will.i hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What if he did sign the birth ceryificate but he make a will and he didnt put the name of the girl in the will because he didnt ask for DNA. Does the girl still have the right?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
There would be a risk that she could make an application - but it is less likely to be a problem
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi claire forgot to ask what if in DNA found that she is d daugther and my husband did sign the birth certificate can he put in d
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will certain amount or does she have the right the same amount with his children on his wife
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionIn the Uk provided the father has made a Will the daughter will not be able to make a Claim on his estate unless she can show that he had been supporting her at the time of his death.However if he does NOT make a a Will she will have a claim on the estate just like his other childrenClare
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What if in DNA she is the daugther but the father didnt sign the birth certificate and didnt make a will does the illigitimate dauther will still have the right of any assets and will still have the same amount of the ligitimate daugther. If the assets or property is not in UK can she still have the right.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Me and my husband where shock as she only met him last year and just 2 days of meeting her ..she send her dad an email last month asking her dad to sign in the birth certificate coz she like that is her dad will walk her in d wedding in greece. She said 1 of the requirement in greece to have her dad to sign in the birth certificate. The wedding is not a catholic church its by the garden. 1 question is really a requirement that a father must sign in the birth certificate to get married in greece?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
If she is his daughter then the fact that he is not named on the Certificate does not change her claims.I cannot comment on assets in other countriesThere is no such requirement in Greece