Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I want to add my wife name in the property dedd which

Customer Question

Hi , I want to add my wife name in the property dedd which is currently in my sole name . How do I go about and what does it cost?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
What is the purpose for doing this? You will need to consider your legal position as well as inheritance issues in relation to how the title is held - whether as joint tenants or tenants in common.
This is the process to add her to the title: https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/transfer-ownership-of-your-property
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.