Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I booked holiday last night they gave price and took deposit

i booked holiday last night they gave price and took deposit now they are saying holiday has increased in price is this legal
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have they offered to refund your deposit and what is the difference in price?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
difference in price is£408.00
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
What was the original overall cost of the holiday and have they offered to refund your deposit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
price was £4158 havent asked for deposit back
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi unfortunately the price can be changed by the travel agent. Where this happens it is considered to amount to major change to the holiday and if you no longer wish to proceed you have a right to have your deposit refunded by the Agent. You should first ask them to demonstrate their contractual right to do this, I am almost certain there will be the right somewhere in their terms and conditions. If they can point to this then I would say you consider this to amount to a major change and require a refund. If they cannot demonstrate a contractual right you can ask them to honour the original price. Is there anything further you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem, please do remember to rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent answering your question. Thank you and all the best and do come back to me in the future if you need to.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the rating.