29905560

I was arrested last year of 'making indecent

I was arrested last year for suspicion of 'making indecent images' I hadn't! And after being held in a prison cell for 15 hours I was released on bail. 5 months later my technological devices were returned to me and I was told no further action would be taken.
Does this mean I was charged?
Does this mean I have a criminal record?
I need an enhanced DBS check for my current job will this show up on the check?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have the police contacted you since?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The last contact I had was via my on duty solicitor who sent a letter saying I was no longer on bail and for further action would be taken. The reason was lack of evidence.I returned to the police station but only to pick up my belongings
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You were not charged and you do not have a criminal record. However, the police are likely to have entered information about this investigation on their local police intelligence contained on the police database. When you have an enhanced DBS check done, there is a space in it for 'additional information' which can be any information held on local police databases about you and which the police believe is relevant to your application for that check. So technically, it is possible that if the police had entered details about this investigation on their system and they now believe that the application for the DBS check is relevant to it, that they can include details of it on the DBS check. The issue with that is that there is no way to work out if it will happen or not - each application is treated individually and you are really relying on the processing officer's opinion as to whether it is relevant or not to determine if it may be included or not. So it is impossible to predict if it will be revealed or not but bear in midn that it is a possibility as the criteria for it to be disclosed could be achieved. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youIn which case does that mean it could say arrested for...... And released with no further action?Also would a standard DBS have the same information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the DBS be sent to me first to give to employer or direct to them?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
yes it could because that is a true representation and does not imply you are guilty. A standard DBS would not reveal any of this. The DBS (unless a Basic one which you have personally applied for) will be sent to the employer as they would be the ones applying for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you