Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If you own a flat in a retirement complex pay monthly rent

if you own a flat in a retirement complex pay monthly rent towards upkeep ,wages ,invoices etc are you intitled to gain access each month to the monthly lincome/expenditure.At the moment we only see the annual figures.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid you are only entitled to see the annual Accounts. It will be specified in your Lease what items you are to pay service charge for (eg Buildings Insurance/communal maintenance etc) and what services the Freeholder will provide. Your Lease will also say that the Freeholder is under a duty to provide annual accounts and provide copies to the residents.
I'm afraid you can't therefore legally request copies of all day to day expenditure.
Sorry this is not perhaps the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.
If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the quick response i had a feeling it would be something like this,
Many thanks for your reply.
If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Best Wishes
Al
Hi,Can I assist you any further?Kind RegardsAl