13262538

My father passed away last April. In his will it states that

Customer Question

My father passed away last April. In his will it states that his half(or Mums whoever passed away first) of the property is to go in trust for his two daughters. I thought this was automatic, but have since been told that it needs to go to probate at the cost of £1,600 plus vat. Is there a way of avoiding this cost,this was not explained to us at the time of making the will 2 years ago
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need soem further information first.Who are named as Exacutors of the Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
myself and my sister daughters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
myself and my sister his daughters
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In Order for any Will to be valid and have effectto protect property in this way if has to be "proved" via the Probate process.
However there is no reason to pay soliictors to deal with this as you and your sister can deal with the forms and attend the Probate Office yourselves
You will find the number of your local Probate Office one the net and they will send you the relevant forms.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well