Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I need to know if I have a valid contract as I want to leave

I need to know if I have a valid contract as I want to leave the company and I am self employed, so I have a consultancy agreement but not an up to date one
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain the situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jenny. I am self employed online teacher. 17 months ago I was employed as head of maths for a company but is was on a consultancy basis (I pay all my own tax and national insurance). During the year the company employed anoter head of maths without informing me but they did offer me a proper full time job on a salary starting in September 2015. I worked all of September but at the end they had not made me full time and they had not returned the contract I had signed in summer. Thus I had worked 44 extra hours without being paid. Thus I went back to my previous agreement of 26 hours a week for 39 weeks of the year, but not as head of maths just a teacher and self employed. Then in October I came out of this agreement to go to just getting paid for the 14 hours I teach. They have not sent me a revised contract. What is worrying me is that in the old contract I had to give half a term's notice, but I want to leave fairly quickly and I just wondered what period of notice I would have to give them as I have no contract in place at this moment. Hope all of that makes sense
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want this to be a private conversation and not posted on the internet
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you respond in here or do you email me?
I have to leave in five minutes?
Donna
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Hi I can respond in here. Have you received a proposal to continue by telephone?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have but I have to go and teach in five minutes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would that be enough time?
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Ok well I could call you at a time to suit you later as 5 minutes may not be enough?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could you email me?***@******.***
I am preparing for an interview tomorrow and I would like to give them how much notice I need to give. Is that possible?
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Hi I'm not allowed to go 'offline' unless you accept an offer to do so. If you accept my offer to call you then I will happily email you if that is more convenient to you. I will need some further information from you though in order to answer the question, which is why I proposed the telephone call.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will it cost a lot more money?
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Only the amount that the site tells you it will cost. I 'm not privvy to the financial side of things at this end.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
I must go now. An email will be fine x
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Ok but you need to accept my offer before I can email you. I will make an offer to email which needs to be accepted BEFORE I can email you.
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.
Hi I have only just seen this. I am currently at a meeting but will email you in the next 30 minutes. Thanks.