12826847

I got a private parking charge on the 13/08/2013 and did not

i got a private parking charge on the 13/08/2013 and did not pay it. a dedt recovery firm are now asking for a payment of, £148.99, can they do this after two and half years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello did you ever acknowledge the fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the information and get back to you. Please do not respond to this message as it will push the question back which may cause an unnecessary dalay. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have been asked to look at this.
Are you willing to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In that case, the only way to put it to bed for certain is to pay in full. There is no other way of stamping out the risk of being sued.
The chances of being sued are very low. They have become more aggressive since the caselaw went in their favour and the new Protection of Freedoms Act in 2012 but they still don't sue in the majority of cases. Nobody can guarantee you would not be unlucky though.
On your primary point, they have six years to issue so they are in time.
Debt collectors have no real power though. They just telephone and write. Unless there is a CCJ they cannot take any proper enforcement action.
If you cannot bear the risk of being sued then you could always offer a lesser sum in full and final payment.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice