Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have a small claim court proceedings which is started by

I have a small claim court proceedings which is started by my builder. I wish to defend. howerer, I did not realised the date to submit the defend is 5 days. I did not received the letter in time. How should I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in UK not US.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
The defence has to be submitted within 14 days of service of the claim form. This can be extended to 28 days if an acknowledgement of service is sent in in receipt of the claim form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your first reply to my question. I am now need advice on how should I filling in a question in "Defence and Counterclaim ( specified amount)" Form to the Court? The question is " How much of the claim do you dispute?"The claimant claimed send an invoice with amount of £4635.31, which I think is far outrageous. I paid the work they have done for me in their quote with the amount of £1400 by cheque. However, they return the cheque and demend for the full amount in the invoice. I then paid £339.81 which they paid for the total of the materials to their bank. The remaining on their invoice is £4295.49 and this is the mount they put on their Court Claim Form.They have caused a water pipe leaking in my property where they did work. As a result, water dropping from ceiling to downstairs, caused the ceiling crak, paint came off the ceiling, the ceiling is in an danger of falling off and need replacing. As I do not know who much is going to cost me to replace the ceilling.I am now need advice on how should I filling in a question in "Defence and Counterclaim ( specified amount)" Form to the Court? The question is " How much of the claim do you dispute?" Should I filling in £1400, or wait for judge's decision?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
I recommend a telephone discussion as this will be quicker and easier for you to get all the information you need. I have sent you an offer of additional services.