12826847

Phoned Swindon Motor Parks looking Volvo. Salesgirl

Customer Question

Phoned Swindon Motor Parks looking for used Volvo. Salesgirl said will phone me back, I got and email..no volvo but have a VW Passat. I wanted more details. I was told to look up their web site. Web site stated one owner, 37 thousand miles.
I phoned and fixed a test drive for Tuesday 26th Jan. Took 2 cars for short test drive. Decided on VW Passat. Paid £100 deposit. Was asssured that will provide rubber mats and locate owners instructions/hand book.
Went on Thursday 28th to collect car. Paid balance of £8000, signed various documents including an order form. I then noticed that mielage shown on order form 57,000. Dispute arose. I am supposed to have heard a conversation on test drive that mileage was 57000 miles.
I did not want to collect the car. I was told I am the legal owner and nothing can be done. I went to the car no owners hand book. Manager told me will sort it out tomorrow Friday. I drove car home. Then I noticed milage is 57,533. I do not trust them, I do not believe them.
Can I take the car back and ask for a full refund.
Gabriel Martyn.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you not see the mileage when you took the car for a test drive please?