12826847

My daughter lives on a private estate where PCM manage

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter lives on a private estate where PCM manage the parking.She has a blue badge due to our grandsons autism, but there are no facilities for her to park. There is sufficient space to stop outside her property without causing any obstruction. The problem is that she must get the children(3&4) out of the car and into the house safely (autistic Riko will just run into the road) then she will park in the street. She has now received 5 tickets for these short stops. She just doesn't know what to do. Riko has already had a close shave with a car in the street. She has now received DRP demands for £160 a time, she had made arrangements to pay by DD but as they on benefits she is getting deeper into debt and cannot meet these demands. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Regards ***** ***** parent (pensioner)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, it isn't. They are very definitely enforceable and, in fact, always were. What they are though is not particularly cost effective to enforce and that is why few people are sued. Private land fining was always on a perfectly legitimate basis.
One ticket alone is not usually worth suing over. Five might well be. It cannot be guaranteed that they would not act.
Her child care responsibilities are not a defence Im afraid. She may well have other defences but this does not assist.